Friday, April 13, 2012

Drawing Conclusions: Elemental Glads

A update after testing the deck some more recently:

My suspicions were confirmed after a few duels. The power ratio is definitely lopsided in the deck. Almost all the major plays involve the Glad Beasts and Prisma, and very few involve the HEROs. Whats worse, Prisma plays involving the Glad Beast stuff usually send him back to the deck, where I dont want him if I want Miracle Fusion to be live later in the Duel. I dont really know how to give the HERO plays a greater share of the deck without cutting Glad Beast stuff (AHL, Retiari, Proving Ground, ect) which I'm not sure will be a good or bad thing.

This is probably the biggest problem that I could find with the deck, giving the HEROs a greater share of deckspace. While I might have tested well against my friends decks, this gives me little reassurance because they dont run Maxx "C" and Veiler, at least not in the decks they dueled me with. I know that if I rely too heavily on the GB plays, I'll get smashed to pieces if someone interrupts them with "C" or Veiler as they are very offensive and leave me vulnerable if interrupted.

With only 1 day left till regionals, my goal will be to find the balance between defense (Needed in both GB and HERO decks and something I've been neglecting) and offense on both sides of the deck (GB and HERO). Finding the perfect mix between GB and HEROs will be hard but is doable imho. It just requires testing, testing, and more testing, along with appropriate deck revisions along the way. It might take upping the HERO count (Adding Alius and crew), reintroducing Fusion Gate into the deck, or finding a powerful HERO play that is compatible with GBs. I'm going to play my deck into submission!

Btw if your going to the Oregon regionals on Saturday I hope to see you there! I'll be the mulatto dude with glasses and a YCS Long Beach mat.

Till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment