Sunday, April 8, 2012

Mischievous Mog's Marvelous Plan with Flan

~~~~ The wheel of fate is turning... ~~~~



As you can probably tell, the title of this post has nothing to do with Yugioh. I grew tired of the cut and dry format of my titles even though they befit a scientist such as myself, so from now on I will occasionally use random titles when my topic isn't laser focused. =)

This will be a turning point for this blog. Up till now I've been pretty narrow in my coverage, providing occasional variety but mostly focusing on Wind-Up combos. Now I will try to branch my posts out to cover whatever comes to mind, or whatever gets requested.

So I'm shelving my work on Wind-Up combos (for now) to cover a deck that started out as a joke between friends but evolved into something much more: A Hero Lives at the Gate (A Hero Lives PrismaGlads + Gate HERO's)

This deck has evolved from a fun side project into my last best hope with regionals coming up in less than a week and my Wind-Up deck in pieces. HERO's have always had a place in Gladiator Beasts but this deck takes the symbiosis to a whole new level. I've seen this deck do some crazy things with my inexperienced hand piloting it, capable of the best plays from both AHL Glads and HERO's, with a few key cards bridging the gap between the two decks. I would love to post a decklist, but I feel like I need to take it to freeplay at locals one more time tomorrow before I can confidently release a decklist and definitively detail what the deck can do. I will release detailed deck testing notes, a decklist, and some of the decks power plays late tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. I love AHL, but then Maxx "C" became popular. I was quite sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With non-meta decks (Dark Worlds and HERO's) along with everyone's favorite Tier 1 deck (DinoRabbit) rising to prominence recently, I'm counting on a decrease in Maxx "C" play seeing as its quite lackluster in those matchups. I do realize that many people will still side it or will count on siding it out Game 2 and 3, so if I want to succeed with this deck at a major event (regionals), I'll have to come up with a permanent solution to hand traps in the main or side that doesn't hurt the deck. A tricky proposition indeed...

      Delete