Sunday, May 24, 2020

Yugioh is a thing that still exists

So hi. Since a few months after my last post till about a couple of months ago, I essentially full stop quit Yugioh. There were several reasons for this.

My locals shut down and the owner moved to another state and I had no desire to drive to another one farther away. Later on, the game moved in a direction I really did not like (ie: Link monsters). My friends (the rest of the members of the YCG podcast) moved on to other things as well. Rather than spend money to keep up with a game I had little interest in, I retired and relegated Yugioh to the occasional joke made among my friends about past times.

A few months ago my interest in Yugioh came off life support in the form of Duel Links. While its been out for a very long time, I decided to try it on a whim and was not completely disappointed. I played enough to make a few decks I like and now it serves the purpose of a side game as I keep my eye on Yugioh going into the new decade. Who knows what will be in store for the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment